Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mullet Days


A couple of months back, I sported a mullet. I didn’t do this as a social experiment or because I thought it was cool, but by accident. My lovely long locks seemed to get in the way and I needed a change, so I asked the hairdresser to give me thin layers, thicker on the top and thinner on the bottom, which I realized later to my dismay was the definition of a mullet. The first week I tried my best to deal with it, thinking to myself that it wasn't so bad; I've now become an edgy and tough chick. Some days I felt like I could rock the mullet, but most days I questioned myself – Who do I think I am? I am certainly not Joan Jett. I tied my hair back for most of the month and then gave in, settling on a short bob that I am now happy with. Here’s to Mullet Days – managing days of insecurity and owning up to your mistakes.


Mullet Days is available under the store. Prints and possibly tees to come. But for now get the original.


xoxo K Chiu


No comments:

Post a Comment