Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mutability

I went on my way, in the midst of the world's transformations, being transformed myself. Every now and then, among the many forms of living beings, I encountered one who "was somebody" more than I was: one who announced the future...or I might encounter another who bore witness to a past beyond all return... They all had something, I know, that made them somehow superior to me, sublime, something that made me, compared to them, mediocre. And yet I wouldn't have traded places with any of them.
--Qfwfq in Italo Calvino's, "The Aquatic Uncle," Cosmicomics

This GlamKat's goal: To not be dictated by the desire simply to be great but to embody the spirit that is change (even if it means existing in that uncomfortable state of limbo) and be elevated for that. If there's one thing you that is predictable about the Katherines is that we'll always be a little different. And we welcome folks in all shapes and sizes, sans fins or scales (like Qfwfq our amphibious hero).

No comments:

Post a Comment